We have a grand parade, a free-will-donation lunch, the Holy Terror Day Auction, Gold Panning Contest, the Old-Tyme 1890s-Style Carnival and music from the Darning Hearts and the River Liffey Boys.
Holy Terror Day began way back in 1898 as Keystone’s Independence Day Celebration. It was revived in the 1980s, named for the Holy Terror Mine, one of the richest mining operations in Black Hills history.
Here’s the schedule:
- 8:30 a.m. — Parade entries begin lining up at the Keystone Mall area.
- 10:00 a.m. — Parade begins, heading through town to the Keystone Community Center and Keystone Fire Department.
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. — Free-will donation lunch at the Keystone Senior Center.
- 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. — Holy Terror Days Auction, sponsored by the Keystone Volunteer Fire Department.
- 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. — Gold Panning Contest at Big Thunder Gold Mine.
- 6:00 p.m. — Evening entertainment by the Darning Hearts and the River Liffey Boys.
- Dusk until the kids get tired — Old-Tyme 1890s-Style Carnival.